No products in the cart.
- 200g grated carrots
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1-2 teaspoons mixed spices
- 2 tablespoons Adora ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150g light cream cheese (eg. Philidelphia)
- 25g butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 175g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170oC/340oF/gas mark 3, then line and grease a 900g loaf tin.
- Place the eggs, sugar and oil in an electric mixer (or whisk by hand) and mix until pale in colour
- Add the flour, salt, spices, vanilla extract and carrot.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and bake for around 1 hour, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
- To make the icing mix the butter, cream cheese, ground flaxseed and lemon juice. Add the icing sugar after these ingredients are mixed together, making sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the icing over the cake and serve.