No products in the cart.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 30 g red onion
- 45 g fresh mint
- 20 g fresh coriander
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Adora ground flax seed
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain flour, extra for dusting falafel balls
- sunflower oil for deep frying
- Place the onion, garlic, mint, coriander, sea salt, lemon juice, cumin and cayenne pepper into the bowl of a food processor. Then pulse in a food processor until the vegetables are chopped.
- Drain the chickpeas and with the motor running feed the chickpeas into the processor until all the chickpeas are blended, and then add the ground flaxseed. Check the seasoning is correct by adding more salt or lemon juice if needed.
- Add in the 3 tablespoons of flour until the mixture has a dough-like consistency, adding more if the mixture is still like a place.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. With a dampened hand, shape the mix into 20 balls and roll the balls in some flour to cover the outside. Drop into the hot oil and fry until brown and crisp.