No products in the cart.
- 250g coarse wholemeal flour
- 65g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon bread soda
- 3 tablespoons Adora ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300ml buttermilk, plus a little extra if necessary
- 1 tablespoons melted butter, plus extra butter for greasing and serving
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoons porridge oats & 1 tablespoon Adora ground flaxseed for sprinkling.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/gas mark 6) and grease a 900ml (11/2 pint) loaf tin.
- Sift the flours, bread soda and salt into a bowl. Add the ground flaxseed and mix the dry ingredients well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the buttermilk, brown sugar, melted butter and golden syrup. Using a large spoon, mix gently and quickly until you have achieved a nice dropping-consistency. Add a little bit more buttermilk if necessary, until the mixture binds together without being sloppy.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle a tablespoon of porridge oats and a tablespoon of ground flaxseed over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, until cooked through and each one has a slightly cracked crusty top, checking halfway through that the loaf isn’t browning too much. If it is, reduce the temperature or move the loaf down in the oven
- Remove from tin and cool on a rack after cooking, serve and enjoy!