No products in the cart.
- 60ml + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 128g + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons Adora ground flaxseed
- 1 – 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 185ml low-fat buttermilk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 62 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 170oC/350oF. Pour about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a 9×5 inch loaf tin and line to inside using a paper towel, wiping any excess oil from the tin. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar in the tin coating the bottoms and the sides.
- Combine the remaining granulated sugar and eggs in a large bowl, beating well until the mixture becomes pale and thick.
- In a separate bowl combine the ground flaxseed, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a measuring jug, combine the buttermilk, remaining vegetable oil, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture gradually to the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk mixture until they are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake at 170oC for 55 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick is stuck into the centre and comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then convert the cake to a cooling rack to fully cool.
Making the frosting:
- Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl using a spoon, making sure to smooth out any lumps with the back of the spoon.
- Make sure to only prepare the frosting right before use, otherwise it will harden. Drizzle over the top of the cake, allow some time to set and enjoy!